On occasions, we have social events. Most commonly, these are the Christmas party and the Summer Party.
If you feel that it is approprate to have an event of some sort, feel free to suggest it during the business portion of a meeting.
Once it has been decided that we want to have an event, a chairperson is appointed.
If you are the chairperson, here are some tips for you:
- Always select the location first. Suggested locations include a members house, a condo/home owners common event area, a park, or similar venues. However, if you have an idea for something special, go for it. But we rarely pay money for event locations.
- Pick a few dates that are open for the desired location and present them to the club to see which date can get the most attendees.
- Regarding food, etc. the club usually provides plasticware and a main dish (ham, turkey, whatever) and then we have everyone else bring something – essentially a pot luck.
- As chairperson, your job will be MUCH easier if you get some fellow members to help you out.
- We do have a special Yahoo events email list you can use to plan the event. Talk to the VP of Technology to get it set up for you.
Once you have put on your successfull event, remember to come back to this page to see if you have some additional ideas that should be added to make it even easier for the next person.